Select the best suited keywords to place onto each page – blog post, content, etc.Try to include the keywords, or part of it - 6 or more times on the page. Head and long-tail keywords can be concatenated, used together and separately to ensure content that reads naturally, as well as produces improved rankings.
How to add keywords to a website?
- Title and meta description: Included in search results, this is the first impression the audience gets of the page.
- Title Tag: 65 characters - use keywords towards the start of the tag.
- Meta description: 160 characters - a user friendly summary for the page.
- Meta keywords: Google don't weigh Meta keywords, but some search engines do.
- Long tail keywords in title tags: Include head and long tail keywords in the title by combining them. Long tail keywords get more traffic very fast
- Get NEW keyword ideas from Wikipedia: In Wikipedia search for the keywords. Look for new keywords in sections that display closely related keywords and topics - contents, sidebars, internal links and sections.
- Compelling title and description: Compelling copy gets more clicks! AdWords ads are great examples of excellent copy that comes up with your set of keywords.
- URL and permalinks: Use keywords towards the beginning of the SEO friendly URL.
- Image filenames and alt tags: Add multiple images per page, with keywords in filenames and alt-tags.
- Image size: Compress and resize images.
- Location: SEO efforts can be optimised for a specific location.
- Add Video: Use YouTube, Vimeo and write an extensive description for the video.
- Test for and fix all technical errors and load speed: Quick loading pages get better rankings.
- Inbound links: Add related content links below current content page and inside the content. Google rankings are correlated to inbound links.
- External links: Link to quality, authoritative external resources using dofollow for trusted links on Google and nofollow for links with low trust rank.
- Sharing: Add social sharing buttons on pages.
- CMS plugins: Use SEO and Social SEO plugin for Facebook and Twitter.
- Keyword density: Use the keywords near the beginning of the first paragraph and in throughout the content – keep language natural and user friendly.
- Headings and sub-headings: Keywords at the beginning of headings show search engines what the subject is. Use only one H1 tag.
- Regularly updated content: Improve rankings with new or weekly updated content.
- Republish old content: Announce updates in a mailshot or share via social media.
- Original content: Content must be unique, user friendly and good quality.
- Highlight: Use bold, italic, underline to highlight keywords.
- Focus content on benefits: Write about what the audience wants to happen - tell them what’s in it for them. This greatly increases the perceived value.
- Content length: Write long and in-depth information covering everything related to the topic and targeting both head and long-tail keywords in your niche. 1500 to 2000 words - the longer the better, ideally longer than 1,800 words.
- Inspirational content: Create awe inspiring content that people would be excited about sharing. Inspirational content is 30% more likely to be shared.
- Ethics are important: Don’t use unethical techniques to get better search rankings. The site will be penalised or blacklisted by search engines.